1) Find a Naturopath. I can not stress enough how much a good naturopath is worth the cost. Depleted vitamins, over taxed adrenals, imbalanced hormones...they can all be replenished. I am now on R20 drops (among other supplements) each day that take the edge off of my hormonal craziness. It has helped a heap.
2) Give into some of your cravings. You may be craving them for a reason...and it takes the edge off. Bonus- your body burns extra calories during PMS. If you do not believe me, read THIS. Bring on the steak, berries, dark chocolate, spinach and heavy cream poured over fudgeeos! This woman needs her respite!:)
3) Don't schedule in anything that is not necessary. Clear your calendar for this week. You may say or do things you will regret when your mind calms down. Have as much down time as possible. Soak in that epsom bath, listen to music more, stay in your house and surround yourself with everything GOOD.
4) Have hubby, or family take the kids (if you have them) for at least a few hours on the worst day...or pull out the trusty Netflix or Kid's shows. Do not feel guilt for this. They will have their brains stimulated by someone new or have fun watching a show instead of sitting with a moody you...and you will have time to just be angry. Win Win. Sometimes we need to allow our emotions to just BE.
5) If you skipped the Naturopath you still need to be taking some key supplements. Vitamin E, B C, D and magnesium will all help support you. Evening Primrose oil and other supplements may help too.
6) Go for a light walk. Don't engage in crazy exercise but a light walk in the fresh air may help you...or some stairs in the house if you live in the frozen tundra of my land.
7) See a therapist or a friend who gives good counsel. Talking it out, or venting, releases a lot of the unpredictability.
8) Use Reiki meditation...especially focusing on the Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakra.
9) Set your boundaries. Find A safe way to channel the anger. Not all of it is bad. Some of it stops you from accepting the normal ways people are rude or walk all over you- this is the time of month when you can put a stop in those behaviours that most women do not allow themselves to do. Men are fine and allowed to be rude at times or have clear boundaries but if a woman does the exact same thing she is considered witchy. This is a great time to start new boundaries.
10) Speaking of safe ways to channel anger- Music is a great healing agent. Some people calm down with mellow tones...at this time of month I do best indulging in these songs...I feel so much better after an hour of angst:) Song Choices: Crazy Train- Ozzy Osbourne, Crazy that Way- Anjulie, Bohemian Rhapsody, Many P!nk songs AND MOST OF Metallica (Misery, Until It Sleeps, Enter Sandman and The Unforgiven are my favourites.)
I hope this helps. May you find healing.